Not just a Cog in the Wheel
Work and Life at CapSci
At Capital Sciences, we believe in empowering all of our employees by involving them in the decision making process. Employees of all levels can and have successfully made cases for decisions such as which development environment (IDE), which programming language, when to leverage 3D printed solutions, and what process best suits our clients’ needs for a given project, tool, or product.
Join Our Team
“Working for Capital Sciences gives me a chance to explore many different aspects of engineering, while still providing opportunities to grow in the areas that interest me.”Systems Engineer
“Capital Sciences has a friendly work environment and plenty of exciting project opportunities. CapSci is BestSci!”Software Engineer
“Working with CapSci during the summer was a great experience that helped me expand my knowledge on real industry practices.”Software Engineering Intern
If you are interested in becoming part of our tight-knit team, please see open positions below or submit your resume here:
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team and assist in the delivery of technology solutions in the aviation surveillance and communication domains. Our ideal software engineer has an understanding of the complete software lifecycle, including requirements and/or user story definition, management of development under Agile principles, and development of test cases and execution of test events. Our team members must demonstrate a high-level of personal accountability, technical curiosity, and the ability to work within a team or independently.
- Mastery of object-oriented languages such as C#, Java commensurate with experience level
- Experience with Full stack development with web application UIs
- Knowledge of complete software lifecycle including requirements , agile principles, and development and execution of test cases
- Develop test cases aligned with requirements in manual and automated test environments
- Familiarity with common development-related tools such as Visual Studio, Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Git, Jenkins
- Ability to configure and integrate COTS computer and network systems
- Familiarity with Linux and command line interface tools
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team and assist in the delivery of technology solutions in the aviation surveillance and communication domains. Our ideal candidate will be involved with all phases of the systems engineering life cycle: Requirements, Design, Implementation, and Test. Additionally, they will be conducting trade studies, prototyping applications, and analyzing data. Our team members must demonstrate a high-level of personal accountability, technical curiosity, and the ability to work within a team or independently.
- Proficiency conducting Trade studies, application prototyping, and statistical analysis of large data sets
- Experience formulating Data Analytics and other system performance analysis and simulations
- Ability to contribute to updates of the requirements, design, implementation, test and validation of the client systems and subsystems
- Exhibit proactive communication with strong written and verbal skills
- Proficiency with diagnosis and correction of service anomalies (aka root cause analysis)
- Demonstrated hands on experience with embedded hardware, Linux operating systems, RF measurement tools, and avionics/communications hardware.
Requirements for All Positions:
- 4-year degree in computer science, engineering, business/information systems, or related degree
- US Citizen, or Permanent Resident (Green Card), capable of receiving an FAA SF85P public trust
At Capital Sciences, every team member is valued. We want to ensure our benefits meet our team’s needs. As a team focused organization, you have a voice and an opportunity to shape how we structure our benefits and suggestions for new benefits.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Hybrid Work from Home/In Office Schedule
- Retirement Contribution Match
- Health Insurance Including Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation
- Training and Tuition Reimbursement Initiative
- 3D Printer Access
- Fancy Coffee Maker and Well Seasoned Panini Press